Swift microwave therapy for plantar warts

Las Vegas Footcare Shares How Swift Microwave Therapy Treats Plantar Warts

Swift microwave therapy is a modern, non-invasive treatment for plantar warts. Las Vegas podiatrist Dr. Pardis Kelly is pleased to offer this advanced treatment option for patients. 

How Swift Microwave Therapy Works

Swift microwave therapy uses a specialized device to deliver low-dose microwave energy directly to the wart. The device is equipped with a probe that is applied to the skin's surface over the wart. The microwave energy is focused precisely on the wart, ensuring that the surrounding healthy tissue remains unaffected. This precision is crucial for effective treatment and minimal side effects.

When the microwave energy is applied, it generates heat within the tissue. This heat is not intense enough to burn the skin, but it is sufficient to provoke a specific reaction in the cells that stimulates the immune system. 

Once the immune system is activated, it starts to attack the HPV virus in the treated area. Over time, this immune response leads to the natural elimination of the wart.

What to Expect From Swift Therapy

Swift protocol involves between 3 and 4 treatments, spaced 4 weeks apart; aligning with the body’s natural immune cycle. Each treatment lasts only 5-10 minutes and is what we call a “sock off – sock on” treatment: limited debridement, no breaking of the skin, and no bandages. No home treatment is required between treatments, and patients are able to resume daily activities immediately post-treatment

How Effective Is Swift?

Due to Swift harnessing the power of the patient’s immune system to target the root cause of the wart (HPV), efficacy is significantly higher compared to other treatment methods. Swift therapy is particularly useful for treating warts that have not responded to other forms of treatment. You can learn more by visiting the Swift manufacturer's website

Does It Hurt?

While pain is variable and patient/lesion-specific, most patients typically feel some level of discomfort as infected tissue temperatures are rapidly elevated over a 2-second dose of energy. The pain immediately subsides following cessation of energy delivery, and there is very limited post-procedural pain; in fact, some report an immediate reduction in pain levels. All patients are about to continue on with day-to-day activities immediately following treatment.